Wuthering Heights
Mere Christianity
Madame Bovary
Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Crime and Punishment
Hamlet
The Forgotten Garden
These Is My Words
The Help
Ella Enchanted
Princess Academy
The Goose Girl
The Kite Runner
The Great Gatsby
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
The Giver
A Wrinkle in Time
Lord of the Flies
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Ender's Game
}

Friday, May 20, 2011

i wish i had thought of this first

You know those ideas that you practically die over once you find them because you know you could/should have thought of it? 

Let me introduce you to my "I-wish-I-had-thought-of-this-first" idea:


The very first one was merely two months ago, March 5, 2011. 
Guess what happened? 
1,000,000 books were given away (40,000 copies of each of these 25 titles).
The idea is that a person reads the book and then passes it on to someone else who might enjoy it. You can track where the book has been on the website, along with have discussions about the books that have been passed around, etc. My fiance's father was in England at the time and was given one of these books [and from what I know, has really been enjoying it]... That's how I found out about it.
Pic from this blog (one of the 20,000 people chosen to distribute 48 copies of a book)
The next one is planned for April 23, 2011. I'm planning to participate in some way [If I can't actually participate, I'll at least read a couple of the books on the list and get into the discussion].
Golly. If only I could do something like that for my project. If I had my way and all the time in the world, I would give away a million copies of TKM. Then I'd create a website all about the thoughts people had as they read the book this time around. Wouldn't it be interesting to see interpretations from across the world? from different age groups? and races? and genders? 

Ahhh... I'm dying. Someday this will be me.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a neat idea. You could definitely make a difference in the reading world with this project. If only we had more time...

    ReplyDelete