Wuthering Heights
Mere Christianity
Madame Bovary
Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Crime and Punishment
Hamlet
The Forgotten Garden
These Is My Words
The Help
Ella Enchanted
Princess Academy
The Goose Girl
The Kite Runner
The Great Gatsby
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
The Giver
A Wrinkle in Time
Lord of the Flies
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Ender's Game
}

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

hooray for diigo! and getting married!

Well, it's on Facebook, so that means it's official.
Saturday night my best friend and I got engaged!! We're so excited! 

What, you are asking, does this have to do with anything on this blog? 
#1-- It's my blog. And when there's news this big... I get to share it!
#2-- We're planning a wedding. And it's hard to get everyone in on my ideas. So now I'm using my digital skills that I've learned in this class and putting them to good use and I just wanted to share what I've learned [yeah, it's really basic. but it's a good start for me!]

It's been really useful for me as I've stalked wedding blogs to use Diigo to just bookmark and take screen shots of what I like. 
I've created a Google Doc so we can make notes and start putting together a guest list. Also on the Google Doc are flower, photography, and other ideas to show to the florist and photographer without having to bring my own computer. 

It's making putting together a wedding in a couple of months a lot easier! Does anyone have other ideas for making the planning easier?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I can almost hear the tears of joy gushing out of Dr. Burton when he sees that you are using these skills in this way. Didn't Bri mention that her husband created a website when they got married? I don't remember. When my good friend got married, he made one, you could check it out and get some ideas from it: http://jonathanandjill.info/

    As you can see, it didn't get updated that much (I guess they were busy being engaged and stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a wedding page when I got engaged, and I never use it. But it's very helpful for guests coming from out of town. Also, technology has made registering way easy. You can update your registry on-line, and also find out what gifts people have bought you---kind of ruins the surprise but still pretty cool.

    I wish I had known about diigo earlier because I would bookmark things all the time from bridal blogs. (If you want to know my fav ones, just let me know! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And I love Derrick's comment about the gushing tears of joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and Michael! I actually found out about your engagement through Michael's Facebook profile. You two are such a cute couple! And way to use technology to make the ordeal of organizing a wedding a little bit simpler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aly! That's so exciting!! Congratulations :) I'm so so SO happy for you, and wish you well with everything ahead of you in the future :) You're incredible :)

    love:audrie

    ReplyDelete