Wuthering Heights
Mere Christianity
Madame Bovary
Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Crime and Punishment
Hamlet
The Forgotten Garden
These Is My Words
The Help
Ella Enchanted
Princess Academy
The Goose Girl
The Kite Runner
The Great Gatsby
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
The Giver
A Wrinkle in Time
Lord of the Flies
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Ender's Game
}

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

should i tell you, or leave you hanging?

My first question as I finally begin to focus in on a research topic and thesis is this: would it be most beneficial for you, as the audience, to know exactly where I'm going with my research, or to have it all connect in one [or more] beautiful posts towards the end?

There are a pros and cons to each side, as far as I can see it.

Telling you, my audience, straight out
Pros: with no guessing game, you will know whether or not you would like to keep reading or are completely uninterested.
Cons: I would like to try something new, something a little unconventional. But maybe this project, the way it's set up is unconventional enough already.

Holding off
Pros: there will be the element of surprise and suspense. If readers want to know what is going to happen next, they will have to come back to my blog.
Cons: do I actually have the skill to write in a way that will engage or interest my readers so fully that they want to "follow" me or put me in their reader?

What do you think? Would you prefer to have me publish a sort of "hub post" at the beginning of research and writing or at the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment